Discover your inner gourmet chef!
Now is the perfect time to discover your inner gourmet chef!
Create your own Gapsted Wines experience at home by cooking our Autumn taste of season main course, Milawa Free Range Poussin, thyme & garlic, Russian style Autumnal vegetables and smoked paprika!
Enjoy with a bottle of our Ballerina Canopy 2018 Chardonnay.
150g baby beetroots cut into 2cm cubes
150g baby carrots
100g green beans
100g green peas
4 x poussin (can be substituted with 4 x chicken breasts)
4 cloves garlic
8 sprigs fresh thyme
3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 anchovy fillets in oil
1 teaspoon baby capers
¼ bunch fresh dill
- Peel & crush garlic cloves, mix with 1 tablespoon of olive oil & thyme leaves. Coat poussin/chicken & leave to marinate for at least 2 hours
- Pre-heat oven to 180’c
- Cook beetroots in a small pan of boiling water for around 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Peel & trim the carrots. Cook carrots in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Peel & dice potatoes into 2cm dice. Cook in salted boiling water until tender. Add peas to the potato pan for 2 more minutes, then drain & leave to steam dry
- Top & tail green beans. Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Rub the poussin generously with paprika. Cook in a non stick frypan on a medium high heat until browned all over. Finish cooking in the oven until juices run clear.
- For the vegetable dressing, mix together, yoghurt, ricotta, mustard, vinegar & a pinch of pepper. Very finely chop the anchovies, cornichons, capers & dill, add to the bowl & mix well.
- Gently stir into the dressing, potatoes, beetroot, peas & beans. Season with salt & pepper if desired
- Serve poussin alongside salad, dusted with more paprika.