Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Dill & Parsley Tapenade
We've recently updated out Cellar Door menu so we decided to share our massively popular sweet potato gnocchi recipe.
Perfect for the cooler weather and delicious served with our Ballerina Canopy 2019 Sauvignon Blanc - be sure to check out the rave reviews it has received!
Sweet potato gnocchi with dill & parsley tapenade
1kg orange sweet potato
110g plain flour
1 egg yolk
60ml extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon fresh dill sprigs
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup firmly packed fresh dill
1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/3 cup blanched & roasted almonds
125ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place whole sweet potatoes in oven until soft.
- Cool for 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthways: spoon hot flesh into a medium bowl. Season to taste. Stir in flour & egg yolk until combined.
- Divide gnocchi dough into 4 portions; roll each portion on a floured surface into long ropes 30cm long. Cut each rope into 3cm pieces. Place gnocchi on a lightly floured baking paper lined tray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Tapenade: Finely chop the herbs, garlic, olives & almonds. Place in a bowl & mix well together with olive oil. Season to taste.
- Cook gnocchi, in batches, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface & are cooked through. Remove gnocchi from pan with a slotted spoon to an oven tray.
- Heat oil & butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foamy. Add gnocchi; cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Gently stir in tapenade.
- Serve immediately topped with dill & parsley & parmesan.
Gapsted Wine Club members - your exclusive member discount applies to our Ballerina Canopy 2019 Sauvignon Blanc. Don't forget to log in!
Not a member? Join today for FREE and save up to 25% on full priced wine and receive free delivery within Australia (excluding the Northern Territory) when you purchase 6 or more bottles. Find out more here.